Sunday, May 28, 2006

Forecasting all night long...

It's 1:15 am and I am half way through my second of three night shifts... even though I'm not feeling tired, I still can't help but wish that the next 6 hours will fly by so that I can get back into my comfy, comfy bed (ok, maybe I am a little sleepy). I've spent all shift trying to convince my supervisor that what she really wants to do is run over to Tim Hortons to get us coffee and tim bits...but she doesn't seem to be buying it. Shoot.

Night shifts can be pretty quiet, we have to issue our forecasts between 10pm-12am, and then again between 4am-6am, so around 1am it gets really slow... but I did sneak out to the lunch room to watch a bit of SNL... that will probably be the highlight of my weekend! I know you think I'm kidding, but it's true. It's really strange staying up all night long, and working 36 hours in one weekend...because almost all of your waking hours are spent at work. I get home at 7am, go right to bed, and sleep until 4pm... and then go back to work at 6:30pm.

6 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

wow -- i can't imagine that crazy sleep schedule. if i go to bed an hour later than normal, i'm wiped the next day. keep up the good work forecaster alyssa. your bc pilots need you.

ang said...

I used to have a job where I would stay up all night and moniter sleeping homeless people all night, that was weird, but I understand the slow times, there were many. At least you have the internet.

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,