Thursday, May 25, 2006

I heart the library

So, I know I'm a huge nerd but I really love libraries. I just love how thrifty they make you feel, because you are taking all these books home and you didn't have to pay for any of them. And I love how when you're reading library books sometimes you find a slip of paper used as a bookmark by someone else... and you can wonder about all the other people who have read this exact book that you are holding, and what they might of thought of it.

So a couple of months ago I finally got a library card in Edmonton, and although I was shocked to have to pay a yearly fee for it (umm... Ralph? Isn't this province filthy rich with oil?), going to the library is now one of my favorite things to do. Today, for the first time I browsed through the CDs at my local branch at the super-cool Capilano mall (it is the most grandma mall you could imagine). Anyways, I was shocked because they actually have some great CDs there... I got Ani Difranco-So Much Shouting, So Much Laughter, and Jason Mraz, who I remember Bec loving... didn't we once try to see him in concert? Yeah, so the library is pretty cool.

6 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

did we try to see mraz? he was opening for someone right? i know we saw the encore for jeremy fisher at richards on richards once.

well i loved the library all last summer too when i was alone in abbotsford looking for things to do besides shopping. it's a great place to be.

yay for you blogging. i'm so excited.

rachel synchyshyn said...

this is why we are friends. you're of course speaking my language, as I was the girl who worked at a library for 3 years in high school. you're for sure preaching to the converted. hmm...would you be interested in going to the library together and being there with me when I get my card? Yay for being friends in the same city!!!!!!!!

ps - i agree that it is positively ridiculous that we have to pay for cards in Edmonton...but at least there's recycling and organic milk at Safeway!! wahoo!

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,