Tuesday, June 20, 2006

a few pictures

Since I finally remembered to bring my camera somewhere I thought I'd share some photos from my weekend camping trip to Jasper.

Here we are with our new tent ... owning camping equipment makes me feel so grown up! One of my favorite things about this tent is the fact that it is that subdued shade of brown, not bright orange or red like a lot of other tents seem to be.


On Saturday we drove down the Icefield Hwy to see the Athabasca glacier. Halfway there we realized that we didn't have enough gas to make it to back to Jasper, so we decided to keep going until we reached Saskatchewan Crossing... it was quite the detour but since that highway is so beautiful the 3 hours of driving felt worth it.



After going to the glacier we stopped at the Athabasca Waterfall, which is only 30 minutes south of Jasper and really cool. The water has carved out these amazing canyons, and potholes in the rock, and you can even walk through an old canyon. Very beautiful and well worth the detour if you're driving through Jasper, say on your way out to Edmonton!




5 comments:

mrs.synchyshyn said...

yay x 1000 that you live in Edmonton. I'm curious what your schedule is right now, I would like to see you! Email or phone me, either one is good...I was going to phone you today, but I wasn't sure if you were "recovering" from nights or whatnot, so I decided to post a comment here. Plus, love the tent, and other pics. How's Prep turning out?

ang said...

nice pictures, it looks kind of cold though. Wearing fleese was a good idea. Speaking of cold, I no longer have a tan of any sort, but white rock beach is looking pretty everyday while I'm working.

Bec Shulba said...

thank goodness for photos! these are great! i love your new home!

Bec Shulba said...

hmm...my last two comments are really gushy and excited. sorry. it's just that i hadn't read anything on your blog for awhile and then to have two posts today while reading? it was just too much excitement for me. i'll try to keep my comments more down to earth. less exclmation marks. haha.

rachel s. said...

ok, so i updated, now it's your turn...