Monday, June 05, 2006

moving up the ladder and other thoughts

Well I did it... yesterday at work I was officially promoted to the next level at work. This means that now I'll work on my own (for the past two months I have had a trainer working with me), and that no one will be double checking my forecasts before they go out... kind of scary but also nice to know that people have faith in me and think I'm capable. My trainer is so great, and she organized a mini-party for me at work yesterday. We ordered pizza for lunch, and then there was a card, presents, and a cake that said 'Congratulations Alyssa'! How great is that... I'm sure none of the other people I was on course with will get a party like that for completing their on the job training.

The other exciting news of the weeks is that the newlyweds Rachel and Dallas are now in town! I spent some time with them last week, at their great new place, and I'm really looking forward to having some good friends living in town.

It's a beautiful day here in Edmonton... I am surprised how nice it is here these days. I am used to the prairies in summer and winter, when it's so brown and dry, so I was completely caught off guard when the grass and trees turned green. Of course it can't be compared to how lush and green things are at home, but it's wonderful after a bleak winter without any snow to cover up the dirt and brown grass.

10 comments:

James said...

Whoo Hoo! Way to make that money sugar momma!

Sharelle said...

now we can only hope and pray that one day we might see you on the evening news.
am i kidding? hard to say. haha.
congrats alyssa.

ang said...

Nice! Good work Alyssa, you make us all proud!I thought about you a lot this weekend, crashing just isn't the same without you.

rachel synchyshyn said...

YAY LYS - you MT-II. James' commet rules. Him and Dallas can have sugar momma conversations. Can't wait to play games - make sure James brings his "bag of tricks" (ok, sorry if that sounds dirty)

rachel synchyshyn said...

YAY LYS - you MT-II. James' commet rules. Him and Dallas can have sugar momma conversations. Can't wait to play games - make sure James brings his "bag of tricks" (ok, sorry if that sounds dirty)

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,