Tuesday, August 15, 2006

David Gray and Shooting Stars...

It's been a while since my last post... mostly I've just been working days, and that really cuts down on my blogging time! So I thought I'd try blogging from home, which is something I haven't done for a while. I'm waiting for my pizza dough to relax so I can strech it, so it seemed like a good time to write a post.

Last weekend I worked Friday through Sunday, and although I'm usually really exhausted after working a 12 hour shift, I decided to try and be social and get together with some friends from work on Saturday night. I showed up at my friend Amanda's place where they were supposedly going to play poker, and was informed that the new plan was to try to listen in on the Edmonton Folk Music festival, which was happening down in a park in the river valley. I was a little skeptical that we'd be able to find anywhere good to listen from, but David Gray was the headliner, so I figured it was definitely worth a shot. Well we ended up finding a great little patch of grass right by one of the entrances, which was off the main roads so that the noise from traffic wasn't so bad. We could hear everything perfectly, but David was still a few acts away, so Amanda's boyfriend ran back to the house to get blankets and sweatshirts... thank goodness because I was in a T shirt and a skirt... and it got down to 10 degrees by the end of the night! The concert was great... even greater because it was free. We got to hear all of Bruce Cockburn and then David played a great show and even played 'Say hello and wave goodbye' which was all I wanted to hear! There was a meteor shower Saturday night as well, and even with alll the light from the city we could still see quite a few shooting stars overhead... a pretty spectacular concert experience all in all.

Yesterday Rach and I decided to head out and try to stock up on berries at one of the U pick farms outside of the city. Well it turns out, there really aren't any berries left, but the farm we went to, Happy Acres, had tones of Upick veggies! So we spent a couple of hours picking squash, peas, beans, potatoes, and dill. It was pretty funny to see us city girls try to figure out how to pick veggies. After asking a women who was also picking veggies where the beans were, we had to follow up with the question "And what do the bean plants look like?". But everyone has to start somewhere right, and you realize how little we know about how are fruits and vegetables are grown. Digging up the potatoes was my favorite, becuase it's so exciting when you find them hidden in the ground. We'll be going back in a few weeks when the fall crop of rasberries is ready... fall rasberries... who knew?

3 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

wow. it sounds like you are really taking to edmonton my friend. u-pick veggies and listening in to a concert? those are great things to be doing! why haven't you commented on my david gray post yet? i can't believe we both heard him! it's like we went to the concert together. haha. i'm totally doing the listening in thing at the next deer lake park concert. i love outdoor concerts! :)

ang said...

i-pick you!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,