Sunday, September 10, 2006

a little bit of disposable time...

Whew... it's my last night of work until Thursday, and I'm looking forward to the break. Don't get me wrong, it's not as though I've been working myself to the bone lately (actually not even close). It's just that I've been away, and then went straight into robot-night-shift-mode (work til 7am, sleep til 5pm, repeat), so I feel like my to do list is getting pretty long. So, because you're all dying to know, here are the highlights of my week to come...

*Mail in the deposit to the caterer... I know this one seems boring, but actually I'm psyched to do it because it means we actually HAVE a caterer for our wedding... hoorah!

*Go to the chiropractor... yup, after years of suffering from my headaches and doing nothing but complain (and blog) about them, I'm finally seeking some help... thanks in part to the sage advice of Rachel. I'm really hopeful that this will help so fingers crossed.

*Knitting... the leaves are turning brown and the forecast high for thursday is 7 freaking degrees... must be time to start knitting again! Every year I try to learn something new, and this year I'm thinking that might be making socks... something I've avoided for a while because they're supposedly hard and also because I could never imagine myself wanting to wear knit socks... but I've found some super cute patterns on knitty.com, so this might be the year I face my sock fear. Also, I'm thinking about making a trip to a real yarn store to buy some nice yarn... I feel giddy just thinking about it!

*Rasberry picking...well it seems that there exists such a thing as 'fall rasberries' and you can pick them yourself at a local farm. I am there, since I've been going through rasberry withdrawl the past few years since Mom and Dad moved and I lost my source. Rach- did you end up going with your mom?

Sometimes it feels so good to have nothing to do but fill your days as you please.

3 comments:

www.xanga.com/racheljahner said...

for starters - the page looks GREAT! very attractive....oh, i'm having alyssa withdrawls. I miss you! my mom and i didn't end up going, b/c the planned day/time was sunday morning...and it was all stormy. so, i could go friday, but with the frozen weather coming our way, that might be too late, plus you may be working then...I'll call you tonight and we can chat about this.

Also, this coming saturday - the 16th...what's going on with you? Do you want to come over and knit? We can invite Jenny, and anyone else you know who likes to knit...dallas has a concert to go to (underoath - loud!), so we'll have a bit of a ladies night...

even if this proposed stitch and bitch doesn't happen...let's get together SOON!

Ok, I'm off to my first day of classes...good luck recovering from the night shift!

ang said...

It was great to have a little hang out, it seemed small. But I'm still grateful. Hope you are feeling better, and that everything wedding wise is making you happy not stressed. I can't wait to hang out again. I will tell you more stories I promise.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,