Tuesday, October 31, 2006

the joys of hair removal done right

Happy Halloween! I am not dressed up, and not doing anything fun tonight ... this is the first year of my life when I haven't had a costume, or done anything for Halloween. It's sad that I've ended up like this... but I'm feeling pretty glad that I'm not a kid here tonight though, it's cold outside... who ever heard of trick or treating in the snow? Those poor children.

Anyways, today I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time ever, and I must say that I will never go back to doing my own brows. $5, 2 minutes, and all of a sudden I have beautiful, not lopsided eyebrows. I don't know about anyone else, but I never know what to do with mine. What shape to make them, how to keep them looking groomed without going too far... and how are you supposed to pluck with your left hand? They have been a mess my whole life, and I don't know why it took me so long to realize the solution. I shouldn't BE doing them myself. Leave it up to the experts. How long will it be until I give up on home grown mani/pedis and adopt the same attitude? Hopefully for the sake of my budget, it will be a while, but I have to say, I'm sorely tempted to hand over all my grooming to the ladies at Bella Tonic spa ($5 threading, $15 manicure, $25 pedicure, $40 full leg and bikini wax... ok, I guess it would add up quick:)

4 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

i'm always afraid they're going to make my eyebrows too thin but hey. maybe that's what i need. they're looking pretty awful right now...

ang said...

ya I know, it's a surprisingly affordable pick me up. I always drive somewhere way out in Surrey for mine though. Yours sounds way nicer. Mine is not spa-ish at all. It's a barber shop, that always has a small line up for the threading. And the girl who does it, doesn't really talk a lot, and one time she burped a little samosa breath on me. That was way unpleasent. The only warning is that sometimes these girls don't know where to stop. So if she tries to "clean up" your forehead, tell her to stop. But that's what you get, mine's $3 and in B.C. so I guess it aint bad. Don't crash the car checking out yourself in the rear view on the way home. I've considered threading other places, I feel like it doesn't hurt as much as other things I've done.

rachel s. said...

so delighted that you've boarded the threading train! Congrats! We'll have to take Bec...

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,