Tuesday, October 24, 2006

New computer!!!



So, I finally came to terms with the fact that technology had passed my old iBook by, and that it was time to move on. So I've upgraded to a new MacBook. It looks almost exactly the same as the old one... but don't let that fool you because it is sooo much faster. And, things actually work on it! I can finally post pictures on my blog. And as per Ang's suggestion, here is one I took of myself using Photo Booth. Up until now I've been uploading pictures only at work, but that is a little sketchy since I'm pretty sure it's frowned up on. Oh well, if they don't want me blogging at work then they should block the webpage...

I have no good excuse for the lack of posts recently. I've just been working and playing with Jenny and Rachel. It's just so wonderful to have those girls living in town. So here are some highlights of the past couple weeks...

* I bought my wedding dress!!! I'm so excited to get to wear it... it's exactly what I wanted, but nothing I'd imagined. And now that I have a dress it's extra motivation for me to get my butt to the gym. The dress fits now, I'd better make sure it will still fit 7 months from now.

*Found a couple new restaurants I like. Me and Rachel went to the Urban Diner on Saturday night, and I had the fanciest Mac and Cheese dinner of my life. So tasty, and super cheesy (probably not helping my goal of fitting my wedding dress much). And I went back to Daddy-o's on Whyte with Jenny yesterday. Oh my, they have a very good crab cake po-boy sandwich. Crab cakes in a sandwich... that is decadence.

*Went to see Cirque du Soleil a couple weeks ago, and of course it was fantastic. It was their new concert type show, Delerium, so at first I really wasn't sure what to expect. But they really didn't dissapoint, there was still plenty of insane stunts and acrobatics... PLUS there was a lot more dance than in the previous show of theirs that I saw... and I realized just how much I watching dance.

*I bought an iPod nano... a red one, which is so small... I mean they are not joking when they say it's tiny. And let's all give a big shout out to Apple for bringing back the colours. It's so great to have music at the gym again, i'm just going to have to try and be a little more careful with this one.

6 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

wow. i can't believe the technology you are buying...i'm so jealous. and cirque de soliel? i want to go to that! sounds like edmonton is treating you just fine. talk to you soon...

rachel s. said...

does this mean you'll post more often? Please say yes!

ang said...

Yah! it was totally time for a new computer, you were the beginning of the ibooks, and have led so many of us toward enlightenment.
The red nano is that part of product (red) the aids in africa thing? I just bought a belt from the gap that is part of that project.

Alyssa said...

Yeah, it's part of the produt (red) campaign. I figured that since I was going to buying a ipod nano sometime in the next year, I'd better get the red one now so that part of the money would go to good... it was my way of justifying buying one when maybe I didn't have the $ (and bonus for me it's red!)

ang said...

email me about your wedding dress, is it one we talked about before?

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,