Monday, November 06, 2006

what i did this weekend...

It's monday night, and I'm back at work after a great weekend. James came to town, which was so great and reminded me why we are getting married. He is fun. How much fun is it to have a someone to spend your weekend with? We registered at the Bay on Saturday, and I wasn't sure how it would go, since registering is potentialy not that fun. Well we got there at 1pm, almost quit at 3pm, but told ourselves not to be such wimps, and ended up staying 'til closing! It was actually pretty fun. Even with all that time there, it's surprisng how few things get decided on. The woman at the registry place thought we were crazy when she saw that we had registered for 2 brandy glasses and 4 martini glasses, and no other stemware or glasses. At least we have our priorities straight.

That night, we went and saw Borat with Rachel and Dallas. It was great, and so busy! We ended up standing in line for 2 hours to see it so we wouldn't have to sit in the front row, and I've never had 2 hours in a line go so fast before. Thanks to the Synchyshyns (did I get that right?) for the good times.

On Sunday we spent the afternoon playing Cranium with Jenny and Ian at their very cozy house. It was my first time playing that game, and it's pretty hilarious. Especially the part where you have to hum a song, and the other person has to guess what it is. Yes, it turns out my humming skills are not so good.

In between all this we managed to watch 8 episodes of Lost. And now I have to wait until December to see the next one! It's going to drive me crazy. James has all the DVDs, and he's seen them all, but I get too spooked to watch them by myself.

I'm so ready to be done with long distance.

4 comments:

Laura Thorpe said...

Hi Alyssa,

Yeah for wedding regestries. I'm glad you survived. It can be fun but then become not fun. Let me know if you need any help with setting wedding stuff up in BC now that i can go back:)

I am SO excited you're into Lost. I have never been a TV show person but Conor got me into 1st season last spring and we watched 2nd Season this fall and now loving 3rd season. It's SO addicting but SO fun to talk it over with LOST people. So post your ideas:)

Talk to you soon
Laura

Anonymous said...

James, sounds like you got through the pain of registering. I hope it's true that you enjoyed it, I had to spend a little extra time in purgatory and do it twice. Make sure you scan some stuff you want too now. Create that ideal game room now.
Conor

Bec Shulba said...

wow, both thorpes commenting. i've never seen a conor comment on anyone's blog. i'm jealous. haha. i'm glad you got to hang out with james. i still haven't heard anything about this borat. let's get a review posted here. ;)

ang said...

um, bec, conor comments on mine. Even just yesterday, apparently he runs the same blog circuts we do. Don't worry your Con-comment is totally coming! Lyss- totally support you guys narrowing the long distance gap, it is really not fun, and I would be curious to learn your communication "tricks". Maybe even a whole post instructing other LD'ers, I would like Rachel's input on the subject too. How does the flame stay strong? Also embarrassing/cheesy things you have caught yourself saying over the phone.