Saturday, December 09, 2006

Crafting it up in Edmonton...



Yes, today was the day I have been waiting for since last christmas. I went to the Butterdome Craft Sale, the largest craft sale in western canada, to kick off my shopping. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint. Me and Rach took the bus into u of a where it's held (in the giant gym that is shaped like a stick up butter... hence the name butterdome), and spent several hours walking through the place. There were so many people there that sometimes you'd walk into a booth to check it out, and when you turned around you realized that you couldn't get out. Not a good place for a claustrophobic. Add to that the fact that your arms are full of jackets, and tons of bags full of goodies, and it does make it a little difficult to get around.

I just love buying presents at craft sales, last year I hit a couple and managed to get almost all my shopping done. This year I didn't quite do that well, and I know that I'll have to head to the mall at some point, but I still did pretty good. The other great thing about the craft sale is the food samples... we hit up the cranberry pudding with hot butter sauce booth multiple times. Oh it was good times.