Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's been a while...

Where have I been? Well, I'm not really sure. I was in Vancouver last week, which was so great even though there was freaking snow on the ground! Really, I haven't been snow free since the beginning of October, and while I know this is how most Canadians live, it's driving me a little nutty. I can't wait to get away from snow, and ice, and dirty dirty cars. Seriously, my poor paint job... Alberta has ruined my shiny red car.

Back in Edmonton, I've been working a lot to make up for being away so much, and on my days off I've suddenly found myself really busy. Maybe it just feels that way because I've started knitting my first pair of socks, which I'm very excited about, and so anything else other than knitting just feels like a huge hassle. But actually, there does seems to suddenly be a lot to do for the wedding, now that it's just 100 or so days away. Three very exciting things happened this week, my dress came, I bought my veil, and the wedding invitation proofs arrived.

So since I was sick, then away, then working and busy on my days off, January is not turning into the stellar workout month I was hoping it would be. It didn't help that when I finally made it to the gym, my stupid workout plan told me to do 90 lunges, and so I couldn't walk for the next couple days, preventing further workouts. I have to say, I'm feeling a little panicky that I won't be ready for the triathlon. Yes, the triathlon I'm planning to do in August. Am I getting a little bit ahead of myself, do you think?

2 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

#1 - oh my goodness - 90 lunges is INSANE! i could have told you that you would be dead the next week. wow. but to encourage you in that area -- i started my workout plan at the beginning of january which includes many a lunge in it and the first time i did it, i only got through two sets of the first two exercises and couldn't go on and THEN i was SO sore for days. now? i can do the whole workout and am barely sore the next day. so keep on lunging. one day SOON you won't be sore afterwards. :)
#2 - anyone can do a triathlon right now if you walk through the water, ride your bike slow and then walk the run. you'll be most definitely be better than that by august. definitely.

therachel said...

go Alyssa go! It was SO GREAT to knit with you and Jenny this week - let's do it again soon! Soon as in before you go to Mexico?! Monday thru Thursday nights are free for me this semester...other than the requisite doing of homework and whatnot. Anyhow...call me!