Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sun dogs

So I ended up working 49 hours this week, and now I'm sick on my weekend off. There is a lot of stuff I feel like I should go out and do today, but all I want to do is stay home and drink tea. It doesn't help that it's -15 outside, quite a bit warmer than a couple days ago, but still WAY too cold for a White Rock girl like me.

After the blizzard a couple days ago, it got really cold and we had lots of ice crystals. I'd never seen them before I moved here, but it's where it looks like it's snowing tiny flakes but there are no clouds. It happens when it gets really cold, and it's actually quite magical. It makes the air sparkle. It also makes for really great sun dogs. These pictures were taken at my work by a coworker of mine this Thursday.


4 comments:

ang said...

ah the sun dog... I believe my first was seen on a train ride from Connecticut to NYC one spring.

Bec Shulba said...

oh sun dogs...i remember your love of these before you even became a full fledged weather girl. i can't wait for you to come and be a guest speaker in my class next year for my weather unit. :)

Len said...

WOW! Fantastic photos. Would you like to swap your -15 for a Sydney Summer of 30C?

Alyssa said...

You know, we had a week of +35 C weather last summer, and as crazy as it sounds, I'd rather have -15 C. I am not a girl who does well with extremes.