Friday, February 16, 2007

Here I am in Banff...



So my winter vacation has finally begun. James arrived last night, and today we drove to Banff. It's so nice to be in the mountains again! James is at a conference this weekend, so while he is busy listening to people talk about the physics, I get to relax in our huge hotel room. I'm really looking forward to doing some stuff around town tomorrow. I think it's been about 10 years since I've been in Banff in the winter. We're not going skiing, but maybe ice skating and the hot springs? I've been feeling pretty down about the never ending winter lately, but seeing the snow and icicles here in banff, among the mountains, well it makes me feel a little better about this wretched season.

4 comments:

therachel said...

For starters...I LOVE that you're posting from Banff. I'm also glad for you and James that you get a bunch of time together - what fun! And don't worry about the winter, you'll be in Mexico in a few short days! YAY!

Also...about the knitting - no worries! I kinda figured it would be a busy time for you, knowing that you were getting ready to leave for a week or whatever. But thanks for the message...we'll have to knit more when you get back, especially because I need you to teach me how to purl before you move back to BC!

I miss you already! Have a great time relaxing, and enjoy your hotel room! (remember to take all the free stuff...a la the Friends episode where Ross takes everything...the coffee and tea, the tiny shampoos, etc - ha!)

therachel said...

Oh yeah, I remembered something else I wanted to ask you about. Have you seen the adverts about MEATLOAF coming to Edmonton? I know how much you love him. Are you an Jenny going?

Bec Shulba said...

what a nice picture you took. haha. have a great trip. thanks for appreciating the things i hate. you're the best.

ang said...

looks so beautiful! enjoy!