Tuesday, March 27, 2007

where have all the bloggers gone?

OK, I know everyone is on facebook, or hiding from creepy anonymous posters, or giving up the addiction that is the internet... but I miss my (semi) daily updates of your lives! Sure facebook is fun, it's interesting to see what all the old high school people are up to. And sure, it gives you a burst of self esteem when one of your high school crushes who you didn't even know knew your name adds you as a friend (now you can all go look at my friends and guess who I'm talking about), but it's not the same as the blogs. It's not the same as reading your witty observations of day to day life. Or hearing about what is making you happy/sad/perplexed/bored/etc today... a little bit of the conversations we might get to have if we saw eachother more often. So I urge you, for the well being of those of us forced to spend hours on the computer... bring the blogging back.

Soon, perhaps I won't rely on the blogs quite as much, since I'll hopefully be seeing much more of you when I move back to Vancouver! It's just over a month away... I'm coming for a visit this week with the goal of finding the perfect apartment to start my married life in. I've been picturing it in my mind... a one bedroom plus den with a balcony on a quiet street. We have insuite laundry, a fireplace, and maybe even a dishwasher... and it's not underground. I'm hoping that by visualizing this perfect apartment, it will become a reality. I'll let you know how that goes:)

8 comments:

therachel said...

when are you here till? when do you get back? I'm jonesing for some knitting time...I'm ready to purl!

Lavonne said...

I am on the bring the blogging back bandwagon. Now, I know I don't have my own blog, nor do I comment regularly on the blogs. I am a lurker of the highest order, but really I spend a lot of time at the computer and checking the blogs are a very important part of my day. I understand the points you are making by disregarding the internet and avoiding the sassy anonymous commenter, but please for the people (like Alyssa and myself), bring the blogging back.

M-How said...

I second that Lavonne.

ang said...

sometimes at 11:28 at night, when no one is looking I secretly check the blogs. My addiction is still there although I feel like it is in moderation now. Plus who was I kidding giving up internet in the final month of school. It's un-practical. It's like giving up flashing my boobs during mardi-gras. My internet sobriety is ill timed.
Speaking of bandwagons, I'm on the "lavonne should comment more" bandwagon. Her sass has too long been silent. If anyone from my blog asks, I wasn't online.

therachel said...

facebook.

therachel said...

ooo ooo I just blogged. http://www.xanga.com/racheljahner

Bec Shulba said...

i'd just like to point out the plentiful posts on my blog...

haha.

Sharelle said...

well i have officially overcome the creepers and i am posting again. the hiatus is over, i feel they may have buggered off.

haha. Check the posts! They are coming full tilt. Its paper season which equals 3 am procrastination season. ahh yes.

And I agree - blogs beat facebook anyday. "notes" just arent the same. I need the blog sass. Thanks for bringing blogging back into the light. (oh wow, did i just say that?)