Sunday, September 13, 2009

A new hobby










... or a twist to an old one. I'm taking a Weaving for Knitters class and today was the first day. After a couple hours at the yarn store and maybe 30 minutes at home, my scarf is done! Wow, they were not joking when they said this was fast. If only I knew how to get the scarf off the loom, I could be starting my second scarf by now, but I guess I'll have to go do the chores I planned on avoiding all day in favour of sitting on the deck with the loom.

And in other news, I finally broke down and bought a 'tree' for my jewelry and organized my dresser. And just in time for my beautiful Stella and Dot stuff to arrive. I meant to take before and after shots of my dresser to show what an improvement this was, but I forgot. But trust me, this is WAY better. I find that I'll get excited about fixing up little corners of my place, but then quickly loose steam and forget about it (which is why our TV is still sitting on an old, gross, microwave stand). So I'm posting this picture to remind myself how nice it feels to take an ugly corner and make it something you enjoy looking at.


3 comments:

theRachel said...

So, I'm excited for a "finished" shot of the scarf! What a neat new take on an old hobby. Does this mean everyone is getting scarves for Christmas :)

And the jewelry stand looks fab! Where did you end up getting it from?

Bec Shulba said...

i forgot that you were taking a weaving class! so fantastic! did you take that pic of yourself on timer...? haha. so does it look like you'll be going out and buying a loom?

Alyssa said...

Umm, yes, it's a timer pic. I guess I'm busted:) And yes, I am already really excited to go get my own loom, although a part of me is wondering if I couldn't just go crazy with weaving for the next two weeks, get it all out of my system, and then return the borrowed loom at the end of the 3 week class and save myself the $300.

Oh, and the jewellery stand is from a home organization store on Davie.