Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My First Scarves








Well, as you can tell I've been busy with the Ashford Knitters Loom. I have made four scarves so far, and am getting a little nervous that I might become one of those people, you know the ones with closets full of completed knitting/sewing/jewelry etc. that they have nothing to do with. It is a danger since I caved at the end of my class and bought my very own loom!

Luckily, I've been working on a knitting project to slow me down a bit over the past couple weeks... a baby sweater for my friend Rebecca's son. A few years ago I tried knitting a sweater for myself and it was a disaster... I used gross acrylic yarn, was bored by so much dull stockinette stitch, and it was bulky so I never, ever wore it. After that I said to myself that I'd proved that I could make a sweater if I wanted, and therefor never had to do it again. Well, I didn't count on baby sweaters... specifically this adorable one that Rebecca asked if I could make for her. Well here it is! I had so much fun making this that now I'm trying to figure out how I can make a big kid version for myself!


2 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

oh the little baby sweater is the cutest and you are the best for knitting it.

and by the way...you could get way more than $10 for those scarves. ;)

theRachel said...

You, my friend, truly are a star. And an inspiration.