Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No Haircuts For Me ...

I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but as soon as I decide to cut my hair I all of a sudden proceed to have a string of love-my-hair days.  This plunges me into a pit of doubt, "Why would I want to change my hair when it's working so great?" I ask myself.  Well that's what I was thinking today as I was on my way to the hairdressers to get a drastically different haircut (short! red!) than any I've ever had before.  Only when I arrived, he wasn't there, and rather than trust a stranger (who I'm sure is very good) with this big life change, I decided to put it off (maybe forever).  The only problem was, now I was SO sad that I didn't get new hair and had an afternoon with nothing to do.  Should I go home and tackle the pile of weaving/knitting that is building up ahead of Christmas?  Heck no!  I should play with red lipstick and take "artsy" - emphasis on the quotations - photos of myself a la 14 year old Alyssa.  Oh dear, what must the man cleaning windows next door have thought of me?  On second thought, why was he staring through the windows?  Hmm..

In the past these photos would never seen the light of day, but since I've decided this blog needs a) more photos and b) more posts, AND since I've discovered the 'edit' button in iphoto, lets share!



I guess I should clean my mirror more often.




Camera-eye!





Blurry photography!  This was my 'let's hang the camera and swing it' experiment.  It's worse than sitting in the third row at Paranormal Activity (which I happened to do yesterday).

Ok, that's about all I can handle sharing right now.  I don't think I'll be quitting my day job soon.  But the upside is I've totally forgotten my lack of haircut disappointment.

3 comments:

theRachel said...

I quite love the randomness of this post. Not quite as much as I love you, but you get the idea.

Bec Shulba said...

SHORT? RED? i can't wait.

Ang said...

I can't believe you want to take artsy 14 year old pictures with out me. Hold on, I'll put my jean jacket on over my mom's prom dress, and I'll be right over.