Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend-ing

It seemed like ages since I had a weekend at home, so when this past one finally rolled around I wanted to make the most of it.  Saturday morning was for coffee, pancakes and the weekend Globe and Mail.  Followed by cleaning the bathroom, which turned into trying to find a place to put things in the crowded hall closets, which turned into pulling out everything in the hall closets and a mass organizing/purging session (with lots of help from James).  Oh my, that was an eye opener.  Emptying out the shoes closet I discovered about 10 pairs of shoes or sandals that I didn't even know I had.  James was pretty tired of me exclaiming "I still have these?!?" by the end of it.  We cleaned up just in time to head out in the pouring rain to meet my parents for a screening of This Way of Life and Chinese at Chonqing.

Sunday started off relaxed, but then it turned into grocery shopping, laundry, and a very frustrating weaving session that ended with me taking it all apart and putting away the loom.  Whew, after all that I felt so exhausted I needed another weekend just to recover.  Sigh, I guess it's only 5 days away, right?

Luckily we got to have dinner with some friends who just returned to town, a nice reward after all that hard work.  And this amazing bouquet somehow ended up in my apartment after they left.  What good friends.


2 comments:

theRachel said...

Uh oh...I am concerned about your loom comments...

What a weekend indeed. It sounds like you have a similar affliction to mine...inability to relax?

Bec Shulba said...

you are the BIGGEST purger i know. you should start a business to help others declutter.