Sunday, November 22, 2009

Le Creuset and I

It was such a rainy and cold weekend.  We had friends staying at our place, and even still the most we could make ourselves do was walk down the block to the Indian restaurant, and then quickly run home for cards and Scattegories.  But today, the sun came out for a few minutes while we were walking down West 4th, and I stumbled across the Le Creuset 5 L pot I've been coveting on sale!  Suddenly, this was the best weekend ever.

I was so happy that I didn't even mind that they didn't have the colour I wanted.  But then the sales girl overheard me talking and offered to call around and see if anyone else had the Caribbean Blue, and sure enough another store in Vancouver did.

So here it is, my new love in the kitchen, helping me make dinner.  I think it's going to be nothing but soups and stews for the rest of the winter!


5 comments:

theRachel said...

I am Caribbean Blue with envy. Augh. PW would approve.

PS - b/c I'm a curious cook...what was the sale?

Alyssa said...

$189.99. Regular price $325!

Alyssa said...

Do you want me to pick up one for you as well?

Bec Shulba said...

you have been talking about this pot forever! i'm so excited you got it at such a great deal! very rachel of you to wait!

theRachel said...

Augh...no. Not right now. I wish! I'm trying not to acquire too much more stuff as I would have to move it.

But wait a sec...I'd just get it next time I'm in Van, right? No. No, I shouldn't. Oh my.

I'll get back to you.