Thursday, November 12, 2009

a little more about my loom...

This year for the first time ever I've decided to make presents for Christmas.  Usually, I rebel against setting deadlines for myself like Christmas to finish projects.  I mean who needs that pressure?  But this year I decided to be bold and to make not one, but five separate gifts... eek!  Luckily, I have my secret weapon... the Ashford Knitters Loom.  Since I've had a few questions about what it actually looks like, here are some pics where you can see the whole thing.






Also, does anyone else have a husband who likes to bring home the weirdest thing he can find from the produce store?  Mine loves to look for the craziest looking fruit or vegetable, that neither of us knows what to do with, and take it home to take up space in our teeny, tiny fridge.



This is what he brought home the other day.  Now obviously, I tease him mercilessly about this quirk, and after cutting this up I got to hear the phrase I love most of all... "Alyssa, I think you were right".   It's called a Pomelo, and actually after I forced him to eat it, James decided it wasn't so bad.

4 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

isn't a pomelo just a giant grapefruit that's a bit sweeter? that's not THAT weird alyssa...you need to get to the grocery store more. haha. jk.

Alyssa said...

Ha, yes that's exactly what it was. But it looked really weird when he brought it home, I think because we were expecting some type of melon.

Lana Vug said...

That's so funny, because I have never heard of a pomelo and instinctively I thought - wow that looks like the inside of a grapefruit but in a different shape.

theRachel said...

Hmm...you have to force James to eat the things he chooses to bring home from the store? What is he thinking if he doesn't actually want to eat them...is it just the thrill of having something new in his basket?