Thursday, December 03, 2009

Feels like old times...

Well after being a day worker for the past three months, I have returned to shift work.  I was really looking forward to my first day off during the week to get started on my Christmas activities.  Christmas cards, decorating the house, knitting, shopping... but instead it was a day of studying for a test I have to take next week.  Yuck.  Although it really took me back to my student days, because 5 years ago this was exactly what I would have been doing at the beginning of December.  Sitting around in PJs all day, thinking about how great it will be when the studying is over and the fun can begin.

Still, I managed to bring up our decorations from storage, so the advent calendar is up even though it's not filled with any goodies yet.  Let the countdown begin!


4 comments:

theRachel said...

Hey! I have the same Advent calendar...Starbucks 2 or 3 years ago? I'm glad I purchased it then b/c I haven't seen one in years since that I've liked even half as much.

However, I'm in the same boat as you...I don't even have any treats in it yet. Augh. Best get rolling with that.

theRachel said...

PS - I am sad for you that you have to be studying, but glad b/c all of that studying brings you to EDMONTON again! Wahoo!

Bec Shulba said...

still jealous of that calendar.

theRachel said...

Another PS - I was at my friend's house last night, and she had a LINDT advent calendar. It was approximately 1' x 1.5' - huge! She didn't know where it came from b/c it was a gift, but wowzers...much better than the plastic-y type chocolate that comes in the 99 cent advent calendars, that's for sure!