Saturday, December 12, 2009

Some Christmas-y thoughts...

Can someone explain to me how the heck it is already December 12?  This month is just flying by, and every day when I turn another box around in my advent calendar, I think to myself 'Nooo!  Not another day gone... I want it back!'.  OK, maybe I'm being slightly melodramatic, but I really wish I could be savoring this season a bit more before it's over and we're back to our dreary lives in January.

Work has been hectic this week (nights, overtime), plus flying to Edmonton (so so so cold) for a couple days also contributed to the whirlwind feel.  But even so I've managed to put up our cute new tree, listen to approximately 20 hours of Christmas music (or so it seems), send out 80% of my Christmas cards, and watch the super awesome movie The Santa Clause with dear friends while eating goodies imported from Trader Joes.  Here's to squeezing in some Christmas wherever you can!

In the meantime, while stuck at work, I've been dreaming up gifts for people with a little help from my blog roll.  A Cup of Jo has been posting the greatest gift ideas, along with the cutest gift categories. 

Gift Guide Part #2: Your Husband Who Smells Like Musk and Tells You Bedtime Stories Every Night.

Gift Guide Part #6: Your British Dad Who Makes Peppery Soups and Isn't Scared of Anything (Even Really Scary Things). 

Was talking about these last night with Rebecca, while her adorable son slept in the other room.  And today, what category should appear on A Cup of Jo?

Gift Guide Part #7: Your Lovely Friend Who Just Had an Adorable Rosy-Cheeked Baby.

 I've also been mentally setting my Christmas table with a little help from frolic!


Doesn't this just make you want to throw a Christmas breakfast?

3 comments:

theRachel said...

I love the little organic goose and the disco ball thing - genius!

I am also so glad that we had a chance to tuck into the Santa Clause and all those tasty treats!

Merry Christmas!

Lana Vug said...

I hear ya with the time passing by! I'm so glad I'm almost finished with the Christmas shopping!

Thankfully its snowing now! Maybe that will slow things down a little - we all can't run around when the weather is crazy! I love the white blanket that's forming in our yard!

Ang said...

I think you should get Ben the $80 sleeper. :)