Friday, January 29, 2010

What not to say...



So, a couple of weeks ago I cut off my hair.  My inspiration was Michelle Williams' hair in the October Vogue, but really I've been contemplating this move since the summer.  My whole life I've been able to put my hair in a ponytail, and though I've been going shorter and shorter recently, it was still a big decision to cut if all off.  Also, my hair dresser moved away, so I was going to someone brand new and that is always a bit scary.  I told myself if I didn't get a good feeling, I'd bail on the whole idea and just go for a trim.  But once I got in the chair, I just decided to go for it.  After all, hair grow back.

The next day I went to work, and since I work with 90% men it took a while for anyone to notice.  Finally, a woman saw me, exclaimed 'You cut your hair!', and then all the other guys jumped in with a 'Oh, it looks nice'.  Weak.  Well all except one guy, who shall remain nameless, who demonstrated what you should never say to someone who just drastically cut their hair.

'Huh, you cut your hair', he says, 'is that what you were going for?'  OK, not exactly a compliment but I assure him that yes, this is what I wanted.  Still confused he follows up with 'So... you're happy with the way it turned out?'

Well yes I was, but clearly he thought I made the worst mistake of my life.  Thank goodness I was happy with it or I would have been crying in the bathroom!

3 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

wow - that's hilarious. well your hair looks fantastic. inspiring, really.

Megan Thiessen said...

ooh exciting! I want to see a picture!

theRachel said...

Yeah, post a pic!

You are fabulous!