Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Sun Run!

Remember all my resolutions?  Well some of them are still in the 'to do' category (most actually), but there is one that's I've sort of stuck with.  I bought myself some running shoes and I signed up to run the Sun Run this year for the first time ever!  I know that 10K for most people really isn't a big deal, but I have been wanting to do this for years.  I always get excited about it in January, but then somehow lose interest, and by the time the actual Sun Run date rolls around in April I think to myself 'boy, I'm glad I don't have to run a race today'.  Not this year though, this year come race day I will be at the start line and will be crossing the finish line (hopefully in a not too embarrassing amount of time ).  Yup, feeling pretty good about this resolution.

2 comments:

theRachel said...

Are you doing a training group or anything? I know my sister ran the Sun Run a couple of years back and she sent me the details on the training runs - I'll forward it to you.

Alyssa said...

Yeah I'm doing the INtraining thing... just on my own. I like it because it starts out really slow.