Saturday, March 27, 2010

Go Try It On

I was talking with some friends the other day about how now that we're older we prefer to do a lot of our clothing shopping solo.  Shopping can still be a great social activity, but if you're really serious about finding something you can move so much faster alone.  Plus, we know what we like more now and don't need approval from our friends.  And lets face it, friends aren't always that helpful.  They might not tell you their honest opinion since they don't want to hurt your feelings.  Still, sometimes you do need input from others.  Sales people can be helpful, but how often do they convince you NOT to buy something?  This is why I'm a great believer in asking strangers for their opinion.  My wedding dress was bought by doing a poll of all the people in the store and the seamstresses (who I asked to come out from the back room) between two different dresses.  That worked because most people are in a bridal store for a long time waiting around, and let's face it... they're judging your dresses whether you ask their opinion or not.  I've also asked for opinions while trying on shoes, buying purses, etc.  And you know what, strangers have never let me down.

But the problem is, you can't drag a stranger into a changing room with you to wait around while you try on outfits.  And you can't always count on a fashionable person being in the store at the same time as you.  Enter this website.  You can post pictures of your outfit, say what it's for, and get strangers opinions whenever you want!  And even more fun, you can give strangers opinions and let out your inner Stacy London (but in a nice way).  Time to get my camera out...

9 comments:

theRachel said...

That site is pretty neat. I'm almost more intrigued by the misc. crap that is scattered in people's rooms and the ways they are attempting to take pics of themselves (mirror, etc).

Bec Shulba said...

wow - i will definitely be trying this out!!!

Lionel Brits said...

I have to say James was pretty awesome at helping us pick out our couch.

Mathilda said...

When we were in Vegas we offered Seaneen (my niece) a lot of opinions about what she was trying on and finally found her the perfect dress for a wedding reception she would be attending in July in Calgary. The lady in the next change room came out and said she wished someone would have been there to help her. Well, I love giving my opinion if someone asks me how they look because I am honest about it. I wished she had asked - I would have really enjoyed it.

somebody said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meagan B said...

Wow this is great!! I naver knew that this exsisted thanks :) Maybe I could use this in my blog too to spread in the word. Is that okay??

longge said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
coach bags outlet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.