Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Glasses!

I finally did it - I ordered glasses online! I've been feeling like it was time to get a new pair, since my current glasses are 8 or 9 years old. And although I still really like them I kind of wanted something a bit more fun since I spend 99.9% of my time in glasses these days (who has time for a shower let alone time to put in contacts?) So I started looking around and remembered why I'd always gone the very conservative route with specs, those puppies are expensive. At $300 dollars + once you add in the lenses you don't exactly want to experiment. So even though it made me a bit nervous, I decided to give the online route a try. I bought mine from Clearly Contacts, I mean with their awesome return policy the worst that could happen would be that I'd send them back, right? Well I used their online try-on app, used my current glasses as a size guide, and ordered a couple different pairs figuring I'd send one back. Then I waited.

After much anticipation they arrived yesterday and I was so excited! As expected one of the two pairs was not a good fit and so will be sent back (probably for the best since I don't need two new pairs of glasses but would have been tempted to keep them if they even remotely fit my tiny head - I'm the worst at returning), but the other pair was exactly what I was looking for! Now I just need to get used to this new, stronger prescription. Currently they are a wee bit vertigo-inducing in the way that all new glasses can be. And the grand total for these? Just under $120. 



2 comments:

theRachel said...

Love them! Looking great, mama!

Bec Shulba said...

cute! way to take the risk and save some money!