Saturday, February 11, 2012

My life's search

I think I've been on a life long search for the perfect lip colour. I'm more of a chapstick girl, really, but I can't help searching for the perfect lipstick/lip stain/lip gloss what have you, that will change my life and not end up being forgotten in the bottom of my purse after a few weeks when I inevitably turn back to my old favourite, Burt's Bees.

These days, as I find myself skipping makeup (and really, let's be honest, showers and washing my face) for days at a time, I've taken to pinning the newest and greatest lip enhancements on Pinterest rather than actually buying anything. So when I found myself in Sephora today, I quickly bought the latest great lip thing I'd heard about, Fresh Sugar Passion lip treatment. I didn't even think twice about $26 for a tube of what is essentially coloured lip gloss. Maybe because I'd just been checking out the NARS lipsticks which were $30, so in comparison this felt like a steal? It is actually really nice stuff, but I have to admit the rush I usually get from a new makeup purchase is feeling a bit tainted (har har) by the the thought of all the lip stuffs that came before. What are the chances I will not end up forgetting this at the bottom of my current purse, the diaper bag? Especially after planting a kiss on H's head and seeing my lip stick mark left behind. Hmm, oh right, that's why right before his birth I'd bought that tube of long last stay put lipstick I read about here. Oh consumerism, you got me again.


4 comments:

Bec Shulba said...

it will just have to go on the lips after H is in bed. :) looks pretty though! is that the colour you got?

Alyssa said...

Yup, it"s pretty sheer so just a touch of red.

theRachel said...

The Sephora Beauty Insider gift this year is a duo of these 2! I'm picking mine up sometime soon!

Alyssa said...

You mean the birthday gift? That's awesome!