Friday, February 24, 2012

Owl Vest

When the long range forecast showed a dip in temperatures towards the end of February I jumped on the opportunity to knit H a wool vest. I'd been feeling a little sad about his lack of mama knit woolen clothing, so this late cold snap seemed like my chance to redeem myself.

I decided to make the Owl Pattern Vest which was both cute and free, and used some leftover angora/wool blend yarn I had on hand. It's kind of hard to see in the pictures but there are some 'owls' across the chest. The sizing says 9 months, and it's definitely a bit roomy on him right now. I'm hoping that it's stretchy enough that H might still be able to squeeze into it next fall.

After a few busy evenings knitting after the boy went to bed, I managed to finish the vest a couple days ago. Just in time for the flurries today. There's just something about a cute baby covered in hand knit wool that makes a mama feel so happy.

2 comments:

Ang said...

oh my goodness! owls!!!! so adorable! he looks great in it!

theRachel said...

I hope to see the owl vest today :)