Tuesday, March 27, 2012

6 months 17 days

Dear H,

The days keep going by faster and faster and now here we are and you're already half a year old! You're growing and changing so fast it's hard for me and your dad to keep up! You can roll from you front to back with ease, and have just started rolling the other way. You can sit up with some help, although you're still a bit tippy, and what you really love to do is stand! You grab our fingers and pull yourself up to standing (with a bit of help still) and I'm always amazed how strong your legs are. Lately you've been having fun when we stand you up holding onto the ottoman. Mom or Dad just needs to provide a bit of balance and you can stand there on your own banging away at the top like a drum. Our musical boy, you love listening to mom sing silly songs, dad play his guitar, and sometimes you even play some of your own music at the piano.

You've had a few weeks of solid food now, but you're still more interested in playing with it than eating it. Mom's milk is still your favourite and you like to have it as often as you can get at it! We still nurse every 2-3 hours, pretty much around the clock, although during the day if we're out and about you can easily go longer. Who needs to eat when the world is so interesting? This can lead to some problems though when you suddenly realize you're starving and we're not somewhere where you can nurse. Though you're not too interested in food, you love drinking water or anything out of a cup.

You have the most amazing belly laugh, and you're quick to share it with us. A few tickles, silly dance moves, or even mom leaning in close and saying 'hi' are met with shrieks of delight. It's the most infectious laugh, and I'm not just saying that because I'm your mom. Everyone who hears it can't help but join in on the joke. You've also started trying to communicate with us more and more, and have started to say 'dadada' which sounds just like a real word, only not in any language we understand. It's pretty awesome and your dad and I can't wait until we learn what it means!

Sometimes when you reach up to touch my face or I look down and see you staring up at me with that amazed and adoring look in your beautiful blue eyes, it's like the rest of the world melts away and it's just me and you kiddo. I've been surprised how much falling in love feels like, well, falling in love. I thought it would feel different with a baby, but every cheesy love song could have been written about the two of us.

I wish I could freeze time with you at this wonderful age. The world just beginning to reveal itself to you. Your heart so open and trusting that every new person is a protector and friend. But then again, I can't wait to see what comes next.

Love, momma





2 comments:

theRachel said...

These love letters to H are my fav. You're doing a great job, Momma!

Bec Shulba said...

:)