Sunday, March 11, 2012

Shorts!

These were supposed to be a pair of leggings made from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitters Almanac. But I decided to use some leftover yarn from my stash to make them and half way through I realized I didn't have enough. After James pooh poohed the idea of one pink and one grey leg, I decided to make shorts instead. And now that they are finished I'm SO glad I made them shorts. I mean it is March after all and the season for wool leggings has passed.

These fit a bit large which is nice since I totally winged it (wung it?) on the gage. No sissy measuring for me! Luckily it turned out.

I've been fascinated with the idea of wool diaper covers for a while. Totally waterproof, breathable AND antibacterial? That sounded too good to be true. Plus they are cute! I put these on over a prefold diaper and it was amazing how great they work. Now to get to the yarn store so I can make a dozen more of these bad boys.

No comments: