Friday, April 06, 2012

Ick!

I've been sick! I succumbed to the cold that James and H had last week, and while they both seemed to roll with it without too much trouble it hit me hard. Maybe it's because I've been sleep deprived since September. Maybe it's because I'm nursing and that takes a lot out of me. Or maybe I'm just a big wuss. No matter what the cause, these last few days have not been too fun.

In the olden days, I would have parked myself on the couch for the duration. But with a baby around, that's not possible. And so my plan of attack became going out and having visitors, because at least that way someone else would entertain H for a few hours and I could be distracted. One day my dad came out and the three of us went to see the Hunger Games. And yesterday I went to visit a friend (armed with lots and lots of kleenex and hand sanitizer so as not to get anyone else sick) for a couple hours. But the drive to and from Surrey also provided a bit of a break. And then I went to bed at 8:30 pm. I haven't done that since I was pregnant last summer.

Somehow H seems to know when he needs to give me a break, and so he's been sleeping for some longer stretches at night. I've also transferred responsibility for H to James at night, since he's up any way. This has been amazing, and I think I'm going to keep it up (although I think James might feel differently).

The good news is I think the worst has passed. I haven't had to blow my nose for hours, and now it's time to pack up and head out to visit the grandparents which is sure to afford me a bit more rest. But just to be safe I'd better make myself some ginger tea and take a nap. And it just might be a bed before 9 pm kind of day again tonight.


2 comments:

theRachel said...

I'm just glad you're getting over this before next weekend!

Alyssa said...

Me too!