Monday, June 18, 2012

The best part about having my parents back from vacation?

Free babysitting! Honestly, living close to grandparents is amazing. Today my dad came in to town in the afternoon, spent the day at the park with me and H, then stayed behind while James and I went out to a movie. My mom came over after work to keep them both company. It felt so fun to go to a movie without a baby. What's this? I get to sit through the whole movie and don't have to worry about rushing out of the theater when my baby wakes up (hello movies for mommies). And while we're at it, I don't have to rush out of the theater to pee (hello pregnancy). Amazing-sauce.

But the best part of the evening was arriving home to find out that H had gone down no problem and had been sleeping soundly since 7 pm. As nice as it's been to be able to sneak out of the house after H's bedtime on a few occasions, being able to go out before his bedtime opens up a whole new world of possibilities. This also makes me feel better about my impending return to work, and the fact that soon I won't be able to be here for every bedtime.

No comments: