Saturday, July 27, 2013

Blast from the past

I am not a saver. When it comes to things, that is. Back when we lived in our tiny apartment, and James stubbornly insisted he get half of the closet space (what?) I had a firm, one in one out rule. Anytime I was buying myself something new, I had to figure out what was getting thrown away. And twice a year I  go through my closet and clean out anything that hadn't been worn in a year.

But every once in a while there is something that you just can't bring yourself to part with. It's not quite your style, doesn't quite go with anything you own, but it's too beautiful to let go. And once in a while, it pays off.

I've been re-reading old blog posts and just stumbled upon this one. These shoes were a total impulse buy. I think I wore them once back in 2009 then nothing, until this year when I have worn them multiple times! So thanks past Alyssa, for not getting rid of those shoes. They totally match our summer 2013 party dress.


No comments: